Click here to take your first step towards CPD activities, modules, and eLearning courses online.
New CPD activities
Use the following to earn some CPD hours and points with SAICA, IRBA and SAIPA...
South African 2007 / 2008 budget overview
We are in the process of replacing the old with the new South African 2008 / 2009 budget speech by finance minister Trevor A Manuel as at 20 February 2008.
Activity based on an overview of the new budget more...
Performance auditing equals the three e's
Performance auditing has and continues to be recognised globally to be very important. South Africa is no exception more...
Some of the basic principles of Capital Gains Tax (CGT)
This guide deals with some of the basic principles of CGT in order to contribute to a broader understanding of the tax more...
Daar word van alle ouditeure verwag om professionele oordeel uit te oefen, maar wat is professionele oordeel? Twee gebeure die afgelope aantal dekades het 'n wesenlike uitwerking op ouditkunde as vakgebied gehad more...
Corporate Laws Amendment Bill: The Main Features
In accordance with the existing Companies Act 61 of 1973, as amended, a company is defined as a legal person who has capacity and powers to act on its own. The act governs 5 types of companies: more...
(IRBA members only)
In South Africa, the Companies Act and the Auditing Profession Act governs the duties and obligations of auditors. In all firms, Partners and directors are liable on a joint and several bases for any claims against the practice, regardless of whether they were involved in the audit.more...
The management of spam.
Email has become a vital communication tool in modern day business. Email is used to communicate and to transport files and is used as a means of keeping record of these activities. Businesses rely on email to operate. Spam is a threat that targets email systems. Spamming can be defined as the abuse of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited, undesired bulk messages to various email addresses. more...
Fraud Auditing - Red Flags
Since an organisation cannot realistically prevent all occurrences and forms of fraud, its auditors, accountants, and security personnel must be acquainted with various detection techniques. Firstly, auditors should cultivate an awareness of warning signs that could point to fraud.
Once such warning signs, also known as red flags, are spotted, further analysis should be made of red flags to assist in identifying the specific form of fraud that has been/is being committed. Such identification can enable prompt investigation and the subsequent launch of remedial action. Red flags can help to indicate various categories of crime as well as parties likely to commit those crimes. more...
Welcome to CPDAnywhere where you will find...
- Online verifiable CPD activities, courses, modules, training programmes and tests / examinations that can account for and satisfy amongst others in requirements for CPD hours and points.
- We provide a number of verifiable CPD activities for the financial / accounting sector, in line with the SAICA policy that members and associates need to complete 120 hours of CPD activities, of which 60 hours must be verifiable, over a three year cycle. In most cases activities would account for IRBA and SAIPA (old CFA) CPD requirements also.
- Our material and excelent presentation platform are designed so that participating students can learn at a time, place and pace to suit their needs thus allowing extremely effective time management.
- Most of our CPD material are provided by highly skilled lecturers from South African universities and people specialising in relevant sectors. The activities are presented by experts in the respective fields and are aimed at refreshing your knowledge as well as updating you on new developments.
- No paperwork, no time commitment, no moving away from your desk, no catch. Our activities are self contained, short and cost effective compared to most seminar or conference proceedings, presented using standard online web platforms / browsers - making them ideal for self-study, completely location and device independant!
- Alternatively you can just use our eLearning material to exceed and exalt...Most activities consist of summarised yet understandable study material, why not use someone else's and get there faster...
Developed in and for the South African environment.
CPD can be defined as the holistic commitment to structured skills enhancement and personal or professional competence and is the means by which members of professional associations maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge and skills and develop the personal qualities required in their professional lives.
Visit our what's new page for a list of some of our new, fortcoming and pledged CPD activities or general learning offerings. The activities page list what's currently available for enrolment
How to enrol in an CPD activity, module or course...
Enrolling in any of our online offerings require only a few simple steps. Simply create an account, choose from our catalogue, enrol, learn and earn your CPD hours or points!
Please click here
for more details on how to sign up and enrol.
Easily become an eLearning activity, module or course (training) provider...
Find out how to become a activity, module or complete course provider
. Just about anyone with the neccesary skills and resources can provide us with activities for publishing and earn money from it, it's similar to publishing a book. Whether a academic, entrepreneur, specialist or having done your Masters or PhD, why not refresh what you have studied, done or what you know, format it into a simple activity, course or module, submit it, and possibly benefit some more from your hard work...
It can also be used to simply reflect your existing knowledge and learning in a central place and to build new knowledge actively with peers and other connected people.
Prescribed online training...
Companies and other organisations can make use of our ability to easily provide prescribed training everywhere a suitable internet connection is available. Whether you are an employer providing an induction course for new employees or whether it's an advanced module for technical specialists, we can help and lower the costs by making it available via CPDAnywhere. Examination / test options can be predetermined from the most basic multiple answer questions (monkey puzzle) to an advanced more fool proof prescripted system for competence evaluation or knowledge testing.
Ethics for Accountants and Auditors published by Oxford University Press South Africa @ a price of approximately R140 each. Authors are: Profs' Rossouw, Prozesky and van Heerden and Me. van Zyl